Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Using Up Squares

I've been using the rainy weather as a good excuse to stay indoors and more precisely in the sewing room. Using up some 2.5" and 3.5" squares, I made up some 4 patch and 9 patch blocks and have alternated them with 6.5" squares. How fantastic was it to go to my containers of neatly cut squares and simply start sorting colour combinations.







All I need to do now is choose a fabric for a border and binding and this will be my first quilt top for 2008. Not necessarily the first quilt finished in 2008 because I am still progressing slowly with a couple of WIP.

Yesterday I basted a small sampler using a technique posted by Wanda as I've been having some trouble with fabric movement. It's looking more secure already. The sampler is for some machine quilting practice, can't wait. Thing is today is a nice sunny day and the grass is growing so much it means the mowers are coming out so sewing will have to wait.

No comments:

no/tion - noun 1. a general understanding; vague or imperfect conception or idea of something 2. an opinion, view, or belief 3. a fanciful or foolish idea; whim 4. knickknacks; small articles, as buttons, thread, ribbon