Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Progress, A Finish and Buys

Well I made it out to work last Thursday and then we had a shopping day Friday. Putting my time stuck at home to good use, I managed to complete the blocks for our log cabin quilt and after much changing around, DH and I decided on the final layout.

Now for joining the blocks. Then I need to add a border to the sides and bottom.

My attention span is often quite short so I had a play with a couple of other projects as well. Jenny has a challenge for March to use a charm pack (maximum of 20 squares only) so I grabbed 'Aunt Purdy's Parlor' by Moda and came up with this Shaggy Bag.

Just the one bag with a view of each side.

With the remaining 5" squares I made a small table runner but it's only at the top stage.
I did manage some retail therapy while in town Friday. The red fabric is to back my fishpond quilt and some matching thread. The goldy leaf fabric kept catching my eye so I bought it home too. I'll use some to back the table runner along with the varigated sandtone thread.
The yo-yo maker is to replace the one I bought last year, used once and has never been found since. My guess is the first one will turn up now.

Now that I have a new bulb for my lamp, I can get back into some night time stitching. I've been itching to start on the 'catalicious' stitchery from Red Brolly and I picked up this varigated thread for the job. Would you believe that as I walked past with thread in hand, this fabric jumped right out and offered to sash the stitcheries for me. I couldn't refuse, could I?



The weather is extremely windy today, perfect for staying indoors and stitching or sewing so off I go.
If you haven't heard already, the girls from Among the Gum Trees are giving away 5 fabric kits to make the Baseco bag in aid of Dawn's quest. Take a look at their lovely bags too.

10 comments:

Valentina said...

What a lovely log-cabin and bags!
I will go and see those links you mentioned.
And nice to know you are ok and stitching away!
xox
Valentina

Kerry said...

Wow, that log cabin is looking fantastic. A real chocolate and coffee quilt!! Nice to hear DH had some input too. He can't complain he doesn't like it now.

marina said...

Hi Narelle, couldn't see the pic of the log cabin blocks? I often have this problem, poop.
Glad you used your time usefully while you were isolated.
Like your buys too.
cheers
Marina

Unknown said...

What a great challenge the bag turned out beautifully !

Maggey and Jim said...

As a bag maker myself, I love that.. REally cute.........
Maggey

Francien said...

Your log cabinblocks layout looks stunning Narelle!!...what a great quilt it is that way...and such a cute little bag too...i am curious what you are going to stitch..looks like a ragdoll...and the fabric is lovely...
greetings Francien.

Jeni said...

what a beautiful log cabin quilt you are making

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

hey I see you are doing Friday night sticth in!!

Cath Ü said...

The log cabin looks fantastic... Love the bag... I still have to make my charm square item... where has March gone..????

Cath's Blog

Cath Ü

Gisele said...

Wow....what a gorgeous log cabin, love the layout & the bags too!

no/tion - noun 1. a general understanding; vague or imperfect conception or idea of something 2. an opinion, view, or belief 3. a fanciful or foolish idea; whim 4. knickknacks; small articles, as buttons, thread, ribbon