Computer issues continue to plague me so I am applying much patience and taking it very slowly. Just when I think I can comment on blogs or reply to your lovely comments there's another bump in the road. "Something" keeps throwing in extra spacing between paragraphs too so please excuse any gaps. :)
As well as the two 1/2" hexie flowers that I have previously posted about, I have a third almost complete. My May and June Inchy Swap flowers are finished and ready to be posted off although I might hang onto the June flowers for a little bit.
The first month of my "Because I Said So" BOM arrived and I'm very happy to report that both blocks are finished. I took it with me to our group patchwork day and sewed the fabric blocks ready to attach to the stitcheries.
Thankyou to those who kindly provided their thoughts on stitching before or after the blocks are joined. I've decided to complete the stitcheries first and then join the blocks. It's a little hard to see but I'm using a light purple for the stitchery and love the fabrics that have been provided with the BOM.
Month 2 has arrived so my plan is to complete blocks 3 and 4 by the end of May.
Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
Round 10 of our SAHRobin was to either embelish some more or ... quilt ready for adding further embelish such as beads, buttons etc.
I couldn't decide how to quilt the blue piece so I left it and quilted the tan piece first. Last week after much thought I kep it simple and stitched in the ditch around certain blocks.
For the tan piece I first quilted some straight lines to form a diamond pattern but didn't like the look of straight lines everywhere so .... some unsewing was performed. Then I decided it was a good time for some free motion quilting practice and used the applique hearts and embroidered flowers for a vine design.